We all could use a little “pick me up” from time to time.
When our bodies are lethargic or hungry, we snack on healthy foods or a cup of coffee, but what about when our Spirits are tired or hungry? What do we do to lift and brighten our spirt?
Try one or more of these Ten spiritual snacks.
1. “Pray not for a lighter load, but for stronger shoulders.” St Augustine
2. “The wise learn from adversity, the foolish merely repeat it.” Emile Zola
3. “Courage is like a muscle, we strengthen it with use.” chrismiller
4. “Life is not always about holding good cards, but sometimes it’s playing poor cards well.” Robert Lewis Stevenson
5. “I’m looking forward to looking back on this.” chrismiller
6. “Nothing needs change like other people’s habits.” Mark Twain
7. “If we don’t take good care of our body, where will we live?” chrismiller
8. “God gave us faces, we make our own expressions.” Les Brown
9. “Those who are too busy or impatient to practice a 5 minute daily meditation, need a 20 minute daily meditation.” Buddha
10. “Remember, if you win the Rat Race, you’re still a rat.” Lily Tomlin
Bonus Snack…”Most people are about as happy as they make their minds to be.” Abraham Lincoln
Remember to pause after your Spiritual Snack so you can chew it, digest it, assimilate it and use it for an energy boost.